Thank You for a Great 2016
As we close out 2016, we wanted to reflect back on not only 2016, but also what we originally set out to achieve at Origin nearly 10 years ago.
In 2007, we founded the company because we wanted to build an investment firm that benefitted all investors by adhering to a disciplined approach in asset selection, using leverage responsibly, creating fair fee structures, and by investing heavily alongside our partners. We believed that all investors deserve the most talented team available to source and execute on their behalf. We believed that investors deserve clear and timely updates on investment performance.
We have stayed true to that original vision and continue to invest in Origin for our benefit and the benefit of our partners. We remain the largest investors at Origin and are ranked in the top 10% of managers, having delivered a 26% net internal rate of return through our first two funds.
In 2016, Origin’s investment partners confirmed that they share our values. This year, Origin’s number of investment partners more than tripled and we are poised to continue this exponential growth in 2017.
2016 Achievements and highlights:
• Raised $90 million for Fund III and invested in four seed deals for the fund;
• Averaged a 45.1% IRR and a 2.9x multiple on 5 sold assets;
• Sourced 800 unique deal opportunities across our eight target markets;
• Totaled $330 million in acquisitions and sales transaction volume;
• Partnered with 92% of Fund II investors for Fund III;
• Invested heavily in investor portal technology to enhance communication and make real-time reporting a reality;
• Made strategic hires in analysis (James Grasso), marketing (Melissa Gillham) and accounting (Grace Li).
Please contact us if you are interested in investing alongside of us. We look forward to finding ways to grow your capital while providing the best and most transparent investor experience available.
Wishing you and your families a joyous holiday season and a Happy New Year.
Michael and David